Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Kick, can't get enough of them kicks

Just wondering, do you have 'staches on? 'cause you need that when you read this awesomely worthless reviews. If you don't know what I'm talking about read my first post here


115 min - Action

Director: Prachya Pinkaew

Cast: Jae-hyeon Jo, Ji-won Ye, Tae-joo,
Kyung-suk Kim, Jeeja Yanin

Synopsis: A Korean family of taekwondo experts move to thailand, where they set up a gym.

from IMDB












Now let's get on with this! The Kick, I watched this a while ago with my girlfriend CJ (told you I'd be with her in a lot of my posts! And it's our monthsary today!). They started off the movie with a little back story, which I think could have been better if they put it at the middle of the movie, and add a little some some or whatever to it's relevance. But that's just up to anyone that's just my "awesome opinion" (again with the Dr. Evil).

What's great about this movie is the combination of the cast. The whole family are Taekwondo practitioners in real life and they put it to the screen really hard! I mean, what do you expect from a movie made by Prachya Pinkaew who brought you brutal action movies! As expected fight scenes are real. as real as it could get! As usual they put the BTS footage at the end you'll see what I mean by real.


As the action gets tougher, the story gets a little too cheesy. Yes, I said Cheese, Omelette-du-fro- getting back to the topic at hand, I get a feel of a classical Filipino comedy movie! You'll know what I mean when you watch it. The only thing that's missing is Sing-along part.


So what's the bottomline? This movie is for martial art lovers and for the fans of each of the cast members as a martial artist. You might not know who they are as actors but for their fans this was hell a good movie. The only famous actor here is Jeeja Yanin, watchout for her she makes takwondo look bad. But just a little bit.


I almost slept in parts where nothing is happening but just 'cause I was very sleepy. If you want to get that rush from seeing spinning  kicks, 540s, 720s, 900s, etc then this is your fix! They made it look easy as in like sitting-in-front-of-the-computer easy!

That's it! Another review from caloyreviews, hope this helps!


This post is brought to you by caloy reviews, giving you self-proclaimed awesome movie reviews, if you want to know more about caloy reviews click here

No comments:

Post a Comment